Senior Lecturer in Computer Science: Human Computer Interaction
Ref REK 2021/76
About Malmö University
Malmö University is an innovative, urban and international institute of higher education, located in the centre of Malmö. We have around 1,800 employees and 24,000 students. Our research and education are characterised by the role we believe a university should play in an open society — to contribute to sustainability and equality in a scientifically grounded way with external partners and stakeholders. Identifying and addressing the challenges of the future are of highest priority. Our researchers and students work collaboratively to create, share and spread knowledge in order to understand, explain and develop society — both locally and globally.
The Faculty of Technology and Society, TS, conducts education and research with a focus on technology and natural sciences, in close collaboration with industry and other social actors and higher education institutions. The two departments at the faculty are: Computer Science and Media Technology and Materials Science and Applied Mathematics.
The Department of Computer Science and Media Technology provides research-linked courses and study programmes at first-cycle and second-cycle level. The department conducts research in: Computer science, Information Systems, Software Engineering and Media and Communication Technology. Education and research are conducted in close collaboration with parties from both the private and public sectors.
- Teaching at basic and advanced level in the areas of user experience and human computer interaction. A main part of the teaching will be within the educational programmes Information Architect (https://mau.se/sok-utbildning/program/tgiaa) and Computer Science: Innovation for Change in a Digital Society (https://mau.se/en/study-education/programme/taics)
- Conduct and develop own research, actively participate in department's research activities, apply for external grants and develop national and international collaborations.
Those qualified for appointment as a senior lecturer are, except in disciplines in the fine, applied or performing arts, a person who has demonstrated teaching expertise and been awarded a PhD or has the corresponding research competence or some other professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties that it will involve (Chapter 4, Section 4 of the Higher Education Ordinance).
A teacher at Malmö University is expected to have university teacher training corresponding to at least 15 credits, or corresponding formal university teacher training, which is determined through validation. New staff members lacking this training must, within the scope of their appointment, commence such training within one year of assuming their position.
Specific requirements for this position:
Documented experience in:
- User Experience (UX)
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Teaching and examination in English
The following would be of benefit for the position:
Documented experience in:
- Information architecture
- Design thinking
- Interaction design
- Emerging technologies, e.g. augmented reality, Internet of things, speech interface
- Attracting research funds, both nationally and internationally
- Supervising PhD, Master, and Bachelor students
- Teaching and examination in Swedish
In addition to formal competence, University's employees must possess the personal capacities necessary to perform the duties of the position well and to represent the University in the best possible way.
The assessment criteria for appointment as a senior lecturer shall be the degree of the expertise required as a qualification for employment. As much attention shall be given to the assessment of teaching expertise as to the assessment of other qualifying criteria (Chapter 4, Section 4 of the Higher Education Ordinance).
A senior lecturer must be established within their scientific field, taking into account the nature and tradition of the subject specialisation.
A senior lecturer must demonstrate:
- Documented competence in the field
- Documented ability to communicate and collaborate with actors in other parts of society with a clear connection to education and research
Teaching expertise relates to:
- Documented ability to carry out and lead education using various teaching methods within higher education
- Documented experience in pedagogical development work and a reflective presentation of their own pedagogical outlook and practices
- Documented ability to link research and education with regards to both content and teaching
Scientific proficiency relates to:
- Documented ability to independently conduct research of a high quality
- Research within fields relevant to the appointment in question
- Active participation in the scientific community
Head of department, Bo Peterson, 040-6657619, email@example.com
HR-specialist, Sara Eriksson, 040-665 76 59, firstname.lastname@example.org
In our recruitment work, Malmö University has taken a stand regarding recruitment channels and marketing. We therefore decline all offers of advertising and recruitment assistance in connection with this advertisement.
You can read more about the benefits of working in Sweden here: https://sweden.se/quick-facts/
You may apply for this position via Malmö University's recruitment system by clicking on the "Apply" button. As an applicant, you are responsible for ensuring that your application is completed in accordance with the advertisement, and that it is provided to the University no later than 2021-05-24. The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the University can read what is written in the application. If the application is not written in Swedish, English or any of the Nordic languages, the applicant is responsible for the application and its appendices being translated.
The qualifications should be documented with guidance from Qualifications portfolio for lecturers/researchers at Malmö University.
Books and any other documents, such as publications, that cannot be sent electronically should be sent in triplicate in an envelope marked with reference number REK 2021/76 and posted to the HR Department, Malmö University, 205 06 Malmö. If the documents weigh more than 2 kg, they should be sent to the delivery address: HR Department, Malmö University, Matrosgatan 1, 211 18 Malmö, marked with reference number REK 2021/76.
The application must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Doctoral degree certificate
- Copies of other relevant certificates
- Educational letter of intent
- A brief account of scientific, educational and other activities relevant to the position to which the application pertains, including a description of how the applicant envisions their future research and teaching.
- List of scientific and educational work
- The primary scientific and educational work being cited (maximum five of each)
Full-time position, employed until further notice.
Malmö University is a workplace and higher education institution that is characterised by an open and inclusive approach, where gender equality and equal terms add value to our activities.
Malmö University applies individual salary setting.
2021-12-01 or by agreement.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Du ansöker senast 2021-05-24 genom att klicka på knappen nedan.