Ref no: 20210172
You have been appointed for assessment to oavlönad docent by the Department of Biology and Biological engineering and we would like to inform you about the continuing process.
The application should be written in English and arranged as an application for a regular position. The field and specialization of the docent application should be stated clearly (in both English and Swedish). Mark your application with Ref 20210172 and upload all the documents electronically as three pdf-files through Chalmer's e-recruitment system (the files may be compressed, zipped). See below for further details:
CV: (Please name the uploaded document in ReachMee as: CV, Family name, Ref. number)
Curriculum vitae containing:
• A list of publications that shows clearly which are published in peer-review journals. The candidate’s contribution shall be stated for each such publication.
• A list of candidates for graduate degrees (M.Sc., Licentiate and Ph.D.) whom the Applicant has supervised (or assisted in the supervision of). The applicant’s role shall be stated for each person.
• A list of undergraduate and graduate courses, for which the candidate has been the Examiner, lecturer, or laboratory or artistic supervisor.
• A list of research grants awarded individually or as a member of a group.
• A list of lectures (as an invited speaker), seminars, conference talks, and assignments as a peer reviewer of a journal, conference or research council.
• Verification that you have completed the course Supervision Research students or other equivalent course (the designated course is required since 1 January 2005).
• Verification of any other course in pedagogy or other equivalent background.
• Two references that we can contact.
Please be aware that the list of publications should only include published work, not submitted or accepted work. In the list of publications it must be clear if the publications are peer-reviewed or not, as well as which publications are journal articles and which publications are conference papers. The list of publication should be numbered.
Personal letter: (named: Personal letter, Family name, Ref. number)
• Candidates should present themselves, their research and pedagogical activity in a document, at most three pages long, arranged in the same way as an application for an appointment. Independence as a researcher should be described clearly.
Publications: (named: Publications, Family name, Ref. number).
• Copies of your most relevant publications in full format (maximum of ten publications). It is a good idea to attach the files as a PDF or compress them into a Zip file.
• The doctoral thesis
• Copies of completed education, grades and other certificates.
You apply via ReachMee, Chalmers e-recruiting system
You reach the application form by clicking on the button at the foot of the page. A personal account is created when you fill in your personal data. You can easily use and update your account again if you apply for other positions or promotions in the future.
A description of the following process
When you have uploaded your application in ReachMee, it will be processed by the Chairman of the Faculty Appointment Committee. If you meet the requirements we will send your application to one or two scientific experts who will assess the application. They normally have 6-8 weeks for the assessment. Thereafter the Chairman of the Faculty Appointment Committee decides whether the candidate meets the requirements for holding a docent lecture. After the docent lecture is approved, the head of the department may accept the candidate as a docent.
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
Chalmers University of Technology
SE-412 96 Göteborg