Assistant Researcher in Architectural design
Ref REK 2020/288
About Malmö University
Malmö University is an innovative, urban and international institute of higher education, located in the centre of Malmö. We have around 1,800 employees and 24,000 students. Our research and education are characterised by the role we believe a university should play in an open society — to contribute to sustainability and equality in a scientifically grounded way with external partners and stakeholders. Identifying and addressing the challenges of the future are of highest priority. Our researchers and students work collaboratively to create, share and spread knowledge in order to understand, explain and develop society — both locally and globally.
The Faculty of Culture and Society is a multidisciplinary faculty that includes the School of Arts and Communication, the Department of Global Political Studies and the Department of Urban Studies. Read more here.
The department of Urban Studies is characterised by three core features: dynamic interdisciplinary research; a professional organisation; and a highly qualified faculty. The department comprises around 95 researchers and teachers, as well as 2000 students. We have a strong emphasis on theory-driven empirical research and teaching informed by the social and behavioral sciences.
We are building collaboration within four main intersecting themes: Housing, Real Estate and Urban Renewal; Transport, Mobilities and Urban Business Development; Risk Management and Urban Ecology; and Work and Organisational Psychology and Organisation Studies. Across these themes, we unite around cultural, economic, material, social and discursive processes of change.
Furthermore, we collaborate with our well-established networks within the public sector, the corporate sector and civil society. Read more about the department of Urban Studies here.
Department of Urban Studies, Unit of Built Environment is looking for a research assistant for a new research project named ‘Z free home’ funded by the Swedish Crafoord foundation.
- Researching on passive and eco-cycle systems.
- Energy modelling and simulation
- Assisting in lab tests and proof of concept living lab construction
Specific requirements for this position:
- Minimum education requirement is Master’s in architecture or building design
- Good skills in 2D architectural drawings and 3D modelling and rendering using SketchUp, Vray, Lumion and Photoshop
- Experience in energy modelling and building simulation. Ex: using Design Builder or Rhino
- Basic research skills in academic writing and technical research reports
- Skills in architecture detailed drawings and construction detailing
- Skills in photography and video making skills for project documentation
The following would be of benefit for the position:
- Previous experience in eco-cycle design and passive architecture is highly considered
- Previous experience in low tech design is highly considered
- Experience in design for cold climate is highly considered
In addition to formal competence, University's employees must possess the personal capacities necessary to perform the duties of the position well and to represent the University in the best possible way. For the position as Research Assistant, you must have good collaboration skills and very good communication skills in English, in both speech and writing.
For questions regarding the University and the department of Urban Studies, contact Kerstin Sandell, Head of Department, Kerstin.email@example.com
For questions regarding the project, contact Marwa Dabaieh, Research Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org
For general employment and procedural questions, contact Rebecca Nordh, HR, email@example.com
In our recruitment work, Malmö University has taken a stand regarding recruitment channels and marketing. We therefore decline all offers of advertising and recruitment assistance in connection with this advertisement.
You may apply for this position via Malmö University's recruitment system by clicking on the "Apply" button. As an applicant, you are responsible for ensuring that your application is completed in accordance with the advertisement, and that it is provided to the University no later than 2021-02-01. The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the University can read what is written in the application. If the application is not written in Swedish, English or any of the Nordic languages, the applicant is responsible for the application and its appendices being translated.
The application must include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Architecture portfolio for previous architecture projects and research work. No special templet or format is required.
- Copies of relevant degrees and certificates
- A cover letter on a maximum of 2 pages, where you describe your experience, background and competence related to the applied position that makes you the most suitable candidate
This is a temporary part-time position 50% for one year (12 months).
Malmö University is a workplace and higher education institution that is characterised by an open and inclusive approach, where gender equality and equal terms add value to our activities.
Malmö University applies individual salary setting.
May 1st 2021 or by agreement.
SACO-S, Rebecka Johansson, firstname.lastname@example.org
OFR, Martin Reissner, email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Du ansöker senast 2021-02-01 genom att klicka på knappen nedan.