Malmö University is an innovative, urban and international institute of higher education, located in the centre of Malmö. We have around 1,800 employees and 24,000 students. Our research and education are characterised by the role we believe a university should play in an open society — to contribute to sustainability and equality in a scientifically grounded way with external partners and stakeholders. Identifying and addressing the challenges of the future are of highest priority. Our researchers and students work collaboratively to create, share and spread knowledge in order to understand, explain and develop society — both locally and globally.
Centre for Work Life and Evaluation Studies (CTA)
The present position will be part of CTA, and connected to different research areas/projects. At the center, we are focusing on diverse aspects of the social and organizational work environment. There is also a focus on organizational aspects of negative behaviors in the workplace (e.g. workplace bullying, sexual harassment, incivility, etc.). The research group at CTA is multidisciplinary and has a broad competence in different theoretical approaches and research methods. CTA is connected to the Department of Urban Studies and the area of Leadership and Organisation.
About the post-doctoral position
The postdoc position is for two years and mainly involves research. The main task is to conduct research within the field of social and organizational work environment related to different kinds of negative behaviors at the workplace. The post-doc will be involved in all aspects of the research process, including project planning, research design, empirical analysis, presentation of findings at conferences, and preparation of manuscripts for submission to leading peer-reviewed journals. Teaching and other duties may also be included, but up to no more than 20 percent of the working hours. Besides conducting research, the applicant is expected to take part in activities such as seminars and conferences at CTA and Malmö University.
Appointment to a post-doctoral position requires that the applicant has a PhD, or an international degree deemed equivalent to a PhD, in a relevant subject within social sciences. The PhD should be completed no more than three years before the last date for applications.
This is a career development position primarily focused on research. The position is intended as an initial step in a career, and the assessment of the applicants will primarily be based in their research qualifications and potential as researchers. Assessment criteria:
- The quality and focus of the doctoral thesis
- Research activities within fields relevant to the appointment in question
- Documented ability to independently conduct research of a sufficient standard
- Reflective presentation of their own pedagogical outlook and practices
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with actors in other parts of society with a connection to education and research
- Documented experience of working in a multidisciplinary research environment
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swedish or another Scandinavian language in both speech and writing
See Malmö Universitys guidelines for documentation and assessment of qualifications in the merit portfolio
Head of Department, Urban Studies, Kerstin Sandell, email@example.com
Director for CTA, Sandra Jönsson, firstname.lastname@example.org
General employment and procedural questions, contact Rebecka Forslund, Human Resources, email@example.com
Malmö University kindly but firmly declines direct contact with recruiting and staffing agencies, as well as job advertising sellers.
You apply through Malmö University’s recruitment system by clicking the button “ansök”. You have the responsibility that your application is complete according to the advertised position and your application must be received no later than October, 30. 2019.
The application consists of the following elements:
- Personal letter with motivation
- CV including contact information to two reference persons
- List of scientific work relevant to the employment
- A declaration of interest regarding the interest in the research field of social and organizational work environment and workplace negative behaviors (max 2 pages).
- Main publications no more than 5, including the PhD thesis
- Grades and certificates
See also Malmö University appointment rules
The position is a full-time, fixed-term employment of a maximum of two years.
At Malmö University, individual salary negotiations apply. Malmö University is a workplace characterised by an open and inclusive approach where equal treatment adds value to our activities.
Starting at the earliest convenience or by agreement.