Have you recently graduated or are you close to completing your university degree? Are you ambitious and interested in gaining unique work experience in venture capital investment? We are looking for a trainee analyst for an internship over the period September 1 to December 31, 2022, in Helsinki.
The aim of the trainee program is to find motivated students who can bring new, innovative perspectives to Evli while also developing their own professional skills. The program is very popular, and our aim is to hire motivated future top professionals either immediately after the program or later on after their graduation. Trainees are always paid a salary for the internship.
Evli Growth Partners is an Evli alternative investment fund. The Venture Capital Investment team is focused on investing in the most beautiful North European growth companies and on creating added value for them by leading their strategic and management work. Evli Growth Partners is an active owner and supports its portfolio companies on their growth journey. The team consists of five permanent employees and a trainee from the trainee program.
Your assignment is to analyze potential investments and generate reports for internal use. In addition, you will carry out other extensive background research, such as market and competitor analyses, and assist team members with their analyses.
To succeed in this position, you need to have a close eye for detail and an understanding of the financial markets and, above all, a genuine interest in growth companies and the start-up universe. We also expect the following from a trainee:
- Analytical thinking skills, a systematic approach and creativity
- Excellent IT skills (especially Microsoft Office tools)
- Excellent interaction and collaboration skills and enthusiasm for customer service
- A positive and enterprising attitude and an eagerness for continuous self-development
- Excellent written and spoken English skills (proficiency in Swedish, Finnish and other languages is considered an advantage)
- Experience with start-ups, Slush or other experience in student entrepreneurship organizations is a significant advantage
- Curiosity for the tech-driven world and new innovations.
An educational background in finance, accounting, industrial engineering or similar and a particular interest in venture capital investment.
- An excellent vantage point into the international Venture Capital sector
- A unique opportunity to develop and increase your expertise in the Venture Capital sector
- Rapid and broad development of your professional network
- Support for learning and success provided by an experienced and competent team
- A fun work community and plenty of interesting work days.
Application and recruitment process
- Send your CV, a transcript of records and a cover letter via the link by April 26, 2022.
- Successful applicants will be invited to participate in a video interview and those selected will be invited to an interview in May.
For more details, please contact Pauliina Lämsä, Investment Manager, email@example.com. For more information on the Trainee program and the recruitment process, please contact Anne Juvonen, HR Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 40 574 7674.
Grab the opportunity, gain experience and start building your future with the most beautiful growth companies in Europe!
Read about the experiences of previous trainees in our blogs on the Careers > Trainee page
We see wealth as an engine to drive progress. We draw on our heritage, broad expertise and Nordic values to grow and manage wealth for institutions, corporations and private persons in a responsible way.
Our story started in 1985 as a brokerage firm. Today, we are the leading asset manager in Finland* offering a broad range of services including mutual funds, asset management and capital markets services, alternative investment products, equity research, share plan design and administration as well as Corporate Finance services. Responsible investing is integrated in every investment decision and our expertise is widely acknowledged by our clients. Evli has Finland's best expertise in responsible investment.**
Evli Group employs around 290 professionals and Evli has a total of EUR 17.5 billion in client assets under management (net 12/2021). Evli Plc's B shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.
*Kantar Prospera External Asset Management Finland 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, Kantar Prospera Private Banking 2019, 2020 Finland **SFR Scandinavian Financial Research Institutional Investment Services Finland 2021.