About the job
Global Strategy Group (GSG) is KPMG’s fast-growing competence team dedicated to strategy and operational development. GSG currently operates in 29 countries and has more than 2400 practitioners. Our team of 25 strategy practitioners in Finland works closely with the KPMG Corporate Finance and Transaction Service teams. KPMG Global Strategy Group operates through four principal propositions: Growth Strategy, Operations and Cost Strategy, Deal Strategy and Enterprise Wide Transformation.
To support our growth, we are continuously on a lookout for new talents. We are announcing opportunities to join our team in Helsinki:
- Associate, Strategy consultant
We offer you an attractive position in a large, international, and highly respected professional advisory firm. You will be part of a dynamic team in a lean working environment, with many opportunities for learning and self-development through versatile and challenging client engagements.
You will participate in our projects as an integral part of our expert team from day one. You will work in close collaboration with experienced colleagues and assist our clients who include large industrial corporations, private equity investors and family offices. As we work in close cooperation with Corporate Finance and Transaction Service teams, you will be able to participate in very interesting and versatile projects while having job rotation opportunities to widen your experience.
To name a few key responsibilities, your daily work will consist of:
- Solving critical and complex client problems with a structured approach.
- Researching, collecting, and analyzing information from databases.
- Conducting industry, company, and competitor analysis (e.g., financial, operational, commercial).
- Storyboarding, visualizing, and drafting presentation materials.
- Preparing and presenting findings to clients.
- Participating in our internal development projects.
Associate position is a permanent full-time position based in our Helsinki office.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree (or close to graduation) with an excellent academic record in Business, Engineering, Economics, Science, or Technology.
- Analytical, quantitative, and qualitative problem-solving skills.
- Structured and proactive self-starter with a drive to learn new things quickly.
- Comfortable working under time pressure with a commitment to deliver high quality solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, in writing and verbally, in English and Finnish (Swedish fluency is an advantage).
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment (including remotely).
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, with experience from data and analytics considered as an advantage.
- Previous work experience in (or acquaintance with) strategy development, business performance improvement, mergers and acquisitions, management consulting or investment banking is an advantage but not required. We’re looking for someone to grow with us.
- And finally, a team player.
Tell us your story:
Please fill out the application form and include your CV, short cover letter, and transcript of records and certificates of completed academic degrees (high school diploma, Bachelor and Master’s studies).