KPMG is a global network of firms with over 200,000 outstanding professionals working together to deliver value in 147 countries worldwide. KPMG Lighthouse is a global network of centers of excellence in data & analytics, artificial intelligence and intelligent automation.
Are you KPMG’s new Data Engineer / Data platform expert?
Do you have a passion for the latest in data and analytics and thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment? Are you ready to ignite your potential by assisting our clients in succeeding with building and implementing their Data platforms? Then apply to join the KPMG Lighthouse team to deliver cutting-edge advisory and analytical solutions to our clients!
Within the KPMG Lighthouse team, you will have the ability to grow and develop in a challenging and fast changing environment where you will be given significant responsibilities and the opportunity to contribute your ideas to exciting projects on the cutting edge of technology. Your growth will be fuelled from both working with our local Lighthouse team as well as from the global KPMG network of expertise. The teams work across all industry groups.
In the KPMG Lighthouse team, we help our customers leverage technology to truly support their business demands for fact-based decision-making based on insight and data analysis. We offer BI and advanced analytics solutions, data-driven apps, data warehousing, data integration, master data management, data quality solutions as well as ML and AI solutions in a hybrid cloud world. You will join a competent team with expertise on both commercial and open source technologies.
Here, you will have the ability to grow quickly in a challenging and fast-moving environment where you will be given significant responsibilities and the opportunity to contribute your ideas to exciting projects on the latest technology. Your growth will be fuelled both from working with our market-leading team as well as the global KPMG network of expertise. KPMG being one of the leading management consulting firms in the world you will work together with highly skilled industry experts, to create high quality solutions with focus on business needs.
As a Data engineer and Data Platform Consultant you will be leading projects and managing the design and development of modern data hubs for BI, Analytics and AI solutions. Your tasks will include:
- Leading the design and build of DW/BI and information management projects
- Translating functional requirements into operational technical designs
- Designing and building API´s and data transformation processes
- Working closely with KPMG industry experts to establish modern tailored customer solutions
- Advising clients on implementing best practices
- Managing data management projects end-to-end
- Developing client proposals
- Stakeholder management.
Do you recognise yourself in most of the following professional qualifications?
- You hold a higher degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or similar.
- You can travel within Finland and abroad as required, and you communicate effortlessly in both Finnish and English.
- Expert knowledge of Data management, Data modelling, Governance & lineage, Business Intelligence and Analytics concepts on Microsoft platform, including:
- Building ETL solutions (SSIS, Azure Data Factory)
- Data warehousing, data lakes, data marts, OLAP cubes and Azure data storage (SQL Server, Azure Synapse, SSAS etc.)
- Data governance, master data management and meta data management
- Strong consulting experience.
- Hands-on experience with Azure data platform elements and understanding for cloud technology.
- Experience with data visualisation, dashboards & BI reporting would be an advantage.
As a person you are solution-orientated, practical and informal. You understand the mechanisms of a dynamic business, can adapt to changes and take pride in delivering high quality to our clients. You possess the following personal characteristics:
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas
- Ability to manage and engage with various stakeholders across business and seniority
- High degree of drive and willingness to take initiative
- Team leadership and ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities
- Empathy, flexibility, cultural sensitivity and diplomacy
- Collaborative team player.
The chosen candidates experience, knowledge and interests will be taken into account when defining the final content of the role. The most important things for us are attitude, common sense, and getting things done. If You feel like You are missing some important skill(s), we can always train those.
We offer you an attractive position in a large international and respected professional firm. You will participate in a dynamic and developing working environment. You will also benefit from versatile leisure activity options and our excellent location in new premises in central Helsinki. Extensive occupational health services and other benefits will be part of your employment.
Please fill out the application form at the latest on 27.6.2021. Please note that we will proceed to interviews with the selected candidates already during the application period.