KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We have 189,000 outstanding professionals working together to deliver value in 152 countries worldwide . In Finland, we have over 1100 employees and in our Estonian office there are about 100 professionals. KPMG Lighthouse is a global network of centres of excellence in data & analytics, artificial intelligence and robotics.
Are you KPMG’s new Data Analyst?
Do you have a passion for the latest in data and analytics and thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment? Then apply to join the KPMG Lighthouse team to deliver cutting-edge advisory and analytical solutions to our clients!
Within the KPMG Lighthouse team, you will have the ability to grow and develop in a challenging and fast changing environment where you will be given significant responsibilities and the opportunity to contribute your ideas to exciting projects on the cutting edge of technology. Your growth will be fuelled from both working with our local Lighthouse team as well as from the global KPMG network of expertise. The teams work across all industry groups.
Data Analyst’s role
As a Data Analyst, you are a quantitative expert, who can help organisations in their data-driven transformation journeys. You have the skills to extract and transform a variety of information at a massive scale and draw deep insights from the data using complex analytical algorithms. With us, you will have the ability to apply your analytical skill sets in a number of different business contexts.
Typical activities include:
- Driving client engagements focused on data analytics in diverse domains such as revenue optimisation, fraud analytics, risk management, healthcare digitization etc.
- Focusing on design and execution of data-centric business problems, and in the process create unique data transformation and analytical solutions
- Leveraging data visualization techniques and tools to effectively demonstrate patterns, outliers and exceptional conditions in the data.
- Staying up-to-date with new analytic technologies, architectures and programming languages.
- Supporting in sales opportunities by providing analytical insight and demonstrate know-how.
We expect the applicants to have a good understanding of analytical tools and technologies and hands-on experience of working with large data sets. We also appreciate the ability to understand business processes and identify problems that can be solved through analytics and data modelling.
- M.Sc. (or in the process of finalizing your studies) in Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or similar scientific fields
- 1-3 year work experience
- Well versed hands-on skills at applying analytical techniques to large and varied data sets. Techniques include e.g. data extraction and transformation, data mining and predictive modelling, reporting and visualization.
- Familiar with Data and analytics tools such as PowerBi, Tableau, QlikSense, Alteryx, R, SAS or similar
- Experience in programming languages used by data scientists, like Python, Scala or Java is seen as a merit
We expect you to have an open and cooperative attitude, fluency in English or Finnish, a strong sense of responsibility, and a desire for continuous learning.
What do we offer
We will offer you an attractive position in a large, international and respected professional consultancy firm. You will be part of a dynamic working environment and will be able to learn from leading professionals. Working side-by-side with KPMG’s broad spectrum of professionals will expand your practical understanding of finance and business. You will also benefit from versatile leisure activity options, our location in new premises in central Helsinki, extensive occupational health services and from other benefits associated with your employment.
Take prompt action and apply!
For further information, please contact Jan Nyström, Head of Data & Analytics via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at +358407502168.
Please fill out the application form on www.kpmg.fi website no later than February 3rd. Please upload your CV/resume and motivational letter in English. As we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis, please send your application online as soon as possible.