Are you interested in finding new challenges in the field of mechanical engineering? We are looking for driven, self-guided professionals to join our team of product design professionals. We offer you the freedom to create a career that looks like yourself and responsibilities to match your ambitions. If you are interested, please continue reading!
We are looking for a Mechanical Designer
As a mechanical designer your daily tasks will vary according to the current customer project, but most of our daily work composes of the following tasks:
- Versatile design problems in the field of product design
- Modeling and creating assemblies
- Creating the manufacturing documents
- Sourcing components and prototyping
- Research and development
- Concept work
- and many many others!
- You will be the face of Huld to our customers
- Constant development of your own skills
- Supporting your colleagues at Huld and in customer project teams
More about our projects can be read from here: success stories
We are looking for a colleague who is:
- Eager to learn new things. You should be interested in current technologies and learning.
- A people person. Our work is done in collaboration with many different stakeholders, so it is important to be comfortable with all kinds of different people.
- A team player. Nothing can be accomplished alone. You should be willing to help and willing to ask help when the situation so requires.
What should you expect to accomplish the first year?
Everyone’s path will be different, but let me draw you a picture:
- As you start you will be inducted to welcoming office atmosphere and colleagues who take you out for lunch and help you to find your feet in a new position.
- During the year you will be a member in multiple project teams each with a wide spectrum of specialities from Huld and from our customers.
- Your success is measured by collecting feedback for your colleagues, customers and by your success in the projects. And since you have had great time and performed beyond expectations, the next project will be your own project, run by you, and you will be thrilled to learn yet another skill!
There is no path set in stone at Huld and we invite you to lay out your own!
Here’s the recipe for success
- Right attitude and motivation to develop yourself
- Experience in product, machine design and/or research and development (R&D)
- You are interested in technology in general and the ability communicate it
- You can see the bigger picture and drive to move things forward towards the goal
- Experience from one or multiple CAD-programs and PDM-environments
- Experience and know-how in some of the following design domains:
- Machined parts
- Steel structures
- Sheet metal design
- Plastic parts
- 3D Printed parts and AM
- Parametric models
- Good communication skills in English or Finnish
We promise you
We promise you a culture that is courageous and caring. Everyone has a genuine and equal chance to make a change and have an impact on how they work, whether it is by choosing to work remotely or developing company-wide ways-of-working. We are proud of what we have achieved, but are always ready to learn and try something new.
We promise you a low hierarchy and playful community. We promise you versatile projects where you can work on anything ranging from space to health industry, marine to machines or all the way to national security.
We promise to take care of your well-being with work benefits such as:
- Train the brain. We have a yearly budget for you to keep on learning about topics of your choice.
- Joint recreational events and celebrations. We have so much to celebrate, and we like to do it together.
- Theme clubs. We all have our passions. In clubs such as board game club, beer club or rocket club, we get to share our interests with others.
- Extensive occupational health care. To keep us healthy, we have Terveystalo services at our disposal.
- Personal well-being budget. We have a yearly budget for all your lunch, recreation, culture, dental, massage and commuting needs in ePassi.
- Bicycle benefit. Cycling is great.
- Leisure time insurance. Accidents happen.
- Phone benefit. Because who can live without a phone these days.
- Childcare for sick children. We offer free childcare for the inevitable days your kid gets sick.
- Relocation support when moving to Finland. We take everyone in with open arms and support your relocation from abroad.
Don’t wait until deadline - apply today! If you have any questions, please call us during office hours.
We will contact you as soon as possible. However, in July we will be on leave too!
Send us the application through https://huld.io/join-us/
Please add a CV and, if you can share a portfolio or some examples of your previous work we are always interested.
We are constantly looking for new talents to join us.
Who we are
We are a technology and design house full of independent thinkers and keen learners with humane hearts and bold attitudes. We are from different educational backgrounds and ethnic groups coming in all ages, shapes, and sizes. What unites us is our passion to pave way for a more humane and bold tomorrow for both people and our planet – with a twinkle in our eye.
URL to this pagehttps://web103.reachmee.com/ext/I019/1268/main?site=9&validator=3bfa9c2d876a3cd5004ba3a3c5e36912&lang=FI&&rmpage=job&rmjob=344&rmlang=UK