Read more about the Department here: Department of People and Society | Externwebben (slu.se)
The subject area for the position is business administration with a focus on farm management. The position aims for research and teaching in one or several areas: production economics, financial management, accounting, advanced enterprise budgeting techniques, business strategy and development, property valuation and investment principles applicable to agriculture. Further, how this affects the profitability and competitiveness of agricultural businesses from an economic and social perspective, in the green transition.
The Associate Senior Lecturer will have a particular subject area and is entitled to apply for promotion to Docent and Senior Lecturer in the subject area business administration with focus on economic farm management during the time of employment.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- participate in teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels within the subject area,
- publish in peer-reviewed articles, act as supervisor to PhD students and demonstrate the ability to research and write attractive research applications,
- collaborate with colleagues involved in business management and business administration within the division the department and SLU. Cooperation should also include other actors such as private and governmental organizations and other universities in Sweden and abroad.
Those holding a doctoral degree or equivalent scientific qualification are eligible to apply for the position as Associate Senior Lecturer. The candidate should preferably have held this degree or qualification for no more than five years before the closing date for applications for this position. To be eligible for the position as Associate Senior Lecturer, applicants must have scientific expertise within the subject area.
The successful candidate shall have:
- have a PhD in business administration or in a corresponding discipline with relevance for the positions subject area,
- received a PhD or equivalent qualifications no longer than five years before the application deadline,
- shown scientific proficiency in the subject area of the position,
- shown educational proficiency in the subject area of the position,
- shown a theoretical depth of relevance for the subject and an ability to publish her/his research internationally,
- experience of different research environments and application practices of relevance for the subject,
- good ability to communicate in written and spoken Swedish and English.
Knowledge in agriculture and the Swedish agricultural system is considered a merit.
The main emphasis in the assessment of applications for the position as Associate Senior Lecturer will be placed on scientific skills. The next aspect assessed will be the applicant’s ability to develop an independent research profile within the relevant research area, and the ability to meet the requirements for promotion to a position as Senior Lecturer by the end of the Associate Senior lectureship. Particular emphasis will be placed on experience and competence within the subject area farm management. Communication skills and ability to work with mixed-methods collaborate in interdisciplinary research projects, are required.
Place of work:
Form of Employment:
The employment is limited to four years in accordance with the Higher Education Act. A position as associate senior lecturer is a qualifying employment that constitutes the first step in an academic career at SLU. An associate senior lecturer has the right during his or her employment to apply for promotion to senior lecturer on the basis of criteria established when the position as associate senior lecturer was announced.
It is desirable that the application is written in English, because the applications will be evaluated by expert advisers both in Sweden and abroad.
A guide for applicants "Appointment procedures for SLU" and a "Memorandum for Guidance in connection with applications for appointment/promotion to professor and senior lecturer at SLU" can be found here.
Use the document Application guidelines for appointment as professor, senior lecturer or associate senior lecturer at SLU as a guide when you fill in your application.
The scientific and pedagogic documentation submitted in support of the application shall be indicated in the application. At most 5 scientific publications and at most 5 pedagogic publications, including popularized versions, should be submitted in support of the application. In addition a complete list of publications shall be supplied; the publications submitted with the application must be indicated.
Please apply by clicking on the apply-button below.
Academic union representatives:
Christina Lunner Kolstrup
Head of Department
040-41 54 94
Administrative Faculty Officer
URL to this pagehttps://www.slu.se/en/about-slu/work-at-slu/jobs-vacancies/?rmpage=job&rmjob=4630&rmlang=UK