Join our international non-profit research organization and help bridge environment and development science to policy and practice. Stockholm Environment Institute is a world-leading research institute in its field. We are a dynamic and expanding workplace that employs around 110 people from 28 different nationalities in an activity-based HQ office in central Stockholm (Garnisonen). We have an additional 200 employees in seven centres around the world.
We're looking for a creative and proactive Graphic Designer to show our work in new ways and increase engagement, clarity and visibility for the work we do.
We know our audience loves to see our work presented visually, so this important role will fill our need to enhance the way we communicate. You will explore possibilities for visual communication, collaborate with colleagues to develop ideas, and execute those ideas.
You will work in projects and implement and develop SEI's visual communications in close cooperation with our other Graphic Designer and the Corporate communications team. You and your colleague will build capacity together and inspire colleagues across the global communication team.
This role is a study leave cover for 12 months on 50%, with the potential of increasing up to 100% during peak periods. We are ideally looking for someone with flexibility to increase their hours when there is a need.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Design visual assets and templates, and lay out an array of communications assets for web, print and social media
- Collaborate with researchers, Graphic Designer and communicators to find opportunities for visual storytelling
- Clarify and discuss early ideas with sketches or mock-ups
- Support development and implementation of brand guidelines for SEI and projects
- Support training and building capacity to increase the understanding and use of graphic design within the organization
- Create infographics, charts and other data visualization assets. Help us find ways to communicate the best parts of our data (but not doing the data crunching itself).
Who you are
You ask informed questions to understand the context and purpose of your work, both about the data communicated as well as the audience. You enjoy working with other people in an international and diverse environment and have an inclusive mindset. You understand the importance of communication and enjoy collaboration, as well as leading on tasks individually. You are creative, curious and humble in your approach. You are patient when working with colleagues who may be unfamiliar working with graphic designers. You have a positive and constructive attitude with a can-do spirit.
Due to the international nature of SEI and our projects, you must be comfortable working in English. Swedish is not required.
Formal qualifications and knowledge
- Two years of experience in a graphic design role
- A degree in graphic design/visual communication or equivalent working experience
- Knowledge of Adobe CC software including InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere and Acrobat, with the ability to expand one own's knowledge as new needs arise
- Precise knowledge of the craft of graphic design, typography and branding
- Experience with design and production of both printed and digital materials
- Comfortable working in English.
Desired qualifications and knowledge
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Experience working in academic setting.
- Close attention to detail
- Strong coordination, time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to be in dialogue with a number of stakeholders not necessarily familiar with design work, always in a constructive manner and helping to build a culture around design
- Willingness to work under guidance of our Graphic Designer and be willing to learn and grow, but also proactive in building knowledge together.
You do not need to be a Swedish or EU citizen nor have a work or residence permit in order to apply for a job at SEI HQ. However, for this role you are required to already be residing in Sweden and preferably also Stockholm. SEI has a hybrid work environment, which allows you to share your time between the SEI office and working remotely from your home. It is not possible to work from another country than Sweden.
At SEI HQ, we offer a stimulating position in an international environment. You will be part of a leading multinational, multidisciplinary and multilingual team of experts in an organization where the well-being and development of our employees is of high priority. We value diversity and creativity at the core of what we do and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Our ambition is to provide a safe, professional and creative workspace for all.
Employment with SEI HQ includes:
- Collective agreement including occupational pension and many other collectively agreed benefits
- Annual healthcare contribution and additional benefits connected to promoting employee well-being such as annual health check-ups
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Flexible work hours, 37.5-hour workweek and generous number of vacation days
- Being part of tackling environmental and development challenges developing solutions for a sustainable future for all.
How to apply
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than 9 December 2022, 23:59 Stockholm local time.
Applications should be written in English and consist of a short CV and cover letter (maximum 1 page). As we only accept applications through our recruitment system, please apply online using the button below and include:
Please apply online and include:
- cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
- curriculum vitae
- links to samples of your work
Inquiries concerning the content of the position can be directed to Moa Engström, Head of Corporate Communications (firstname.lastname@example.org). For inquiries concerning the recruitment process, please contact My Persson, Recruitment and Competence Specialist (email@example.com).
Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) is an independent international research institute founded in 1989. Its mission is to support decision-making and induce change towards sustainable development around the world by providing integrative knowledge that bridges science and policy in the field of environment and development. SEI was ranked as the world’s top think tank on environmental policy issues in the 2020 Global Go To Think Tanks Index compiled by the University of Pennsylvania’s Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program.
SEI has around 300 employees working at research centres in seven countries around the world. SEI’s headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Additional SEI research centres are located in Colombia (SEI Latin America), Estonia (SEI Tallinn), Kenya (SEI Africa), Thailand (SEI Asia), the UK (SEI Oxford and SEI York) and US (SEI US).
URL to this pagehttps://web103.reachmee.com/ext/I012/1211/main?site=6&validator=4687e906bb0fd747e99188e22d01bed9&lang=UK&rmpage=job&rmjob=266&rmlang=UK