Join our international non-profit research organization and help create a sustainable and prosperous future for all!
The Stockholm Environment Institute is a dynamic and expanding workplace that employs around 110 people from 28 different nationalities in an activity-based office in central Stockholm, and with an additional 200 employees in centres around the world.
Join our international non-profit research organization and help create a sustainable, prosperous future for all! The Stockholm Environment Institute is a dynamic, expanding workplace that employs around 110 people from 28 different nationalities in an activity-based office in central Stockholm, and with an additional 200 employees in centres around the world.
The Leadership Group for Industry Transition (LeadIT) is a public-private initiative jointly launched in 2019 by the governments of Sweden and India to drive low-carbon transitions in economic sectors that have been considered “hard-to-abate” industries, in particular heavy industry. LeadIT gathers countries and companies in advanced as well as emerging economies that are committed to reaching net-zero carbon emissions from industry by 2050. LeadIT currently counts 18 countries and 19 companies as members.
SEI is now recruiting a new Head of Secretariat for LeadIT. The Head of Secretariat is a full-time role dedicated to leading the secretariat team as it continues to build on a strong momentum of driving international collaboration, developing industry transition roadmaps and supporting public-private partnerships – all with the purpose of accelerating industrial decarbonization globally. The Head of Secretariat role comes with the opportunity and the responsibility to define the directions of the journey, shaping the future of LeadIT and setting the agenda for industrial decarbonization globally.
The role as Head of the LeadIT Secretariat includes ensuring smooth day-to-day operations, proactive engagement with members and partners, effective outreach, and impactful communications. The Head of Secretariat leads the secretariat team comprising of eight colleagues, and works closely with the LeadIT Management Board – comprising the governments of Sweden and India, and the World Economic Forum. The role holder will, in collaboration with the management board, lead the work of developing and implementing a long-term strategy for LeadIT. The Head of Secretariat will also be a representative for LeadIT in developing strategic partnerships with its members as well as other key stakeholders.
This is a full-time position based at SEI Headquarters in Stockholm.
Key duties and responsibilities include
- Project management, ensuring implementation of the LeadIT work plan.
- Leadership of the secretariat team and coordination of tasks.
- Developing a long-term strategy in collaboration with the LeadIT Management Board.
- Representing LeadIT externally, including at high-level international events, especially at COP.
- Developing new and existing partnerships.
Who you are
We are looking for an experienced professional with at least 10 years of background of project management and policy engagement in the field of industry transition, climate change mitigation, or corporate sustainability strategies.
Formal qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent project management skills, including resource planning, budgeting, coordination and team leadership.
- Excellent partnership development skills, with the ability to coordinate and work closely with governments, the private sector and civil society organisations.
- Fluency in English, written as well as spoken.
- Creative thinker with broad policy knowledge and ability to connect short-term tasks to long-term strategy.
- Experience and track record of fundraising and procuring project funding.
Personal skills required in the position
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a high-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in the core mission of LeadIT.
- Existing network of relevant contacts linked to LeadIT’s work.
At SEI HQ, we offer a stimulating position in an international environment. You will be part of a leading multinational, multidisciplinary and multilingual team of experts in an organization where the well-being and development of our employees is of high priority. We value diversity and creativity at the core of what we do and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Our ambition is to provide a safe, professional and creative workspace for all.
Employment at SEI HQ includes:
- Collective agreement, including occupational pension and many other collectively agreed benefits.
- Annual healthcare contribution and additional benefits connected to promoting employee well-being such as yearly health check-ups.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Flexible working hours, 37.5-hour workweek and a generous number of vacation days.
- Being part of tackling environmental and development challenges developing solutions for a sustainable future for all.
This is a full-time permanent position with placement at SEI Headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Some international travel is expected. We apply a standard 6-month probation period. Start date is as soon as possible or by arrangement.
You do not need to be a Swedish or EU citizen nor have a work or residence permit in order to apply for a job at SEI HQ.
SEI has a hybrid work environment, which allows employees to share their time between the SEI office and working remotely from their homes in Sweden. However, it is not possible to work from another country than Sweden.
How to apply
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so please submit your application as soon as possible, however no later than the 31 of August 2022 23:59 Stockholm local time. Applications should be written in English and consist of a short CV and cover letter (maximum 1 page).
As we only accept applications through our recruitment system, please apply online using the button below and include:
- Cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
- Curriculum vitae.
Inquiries concerning the content of the position can be directed to Olle Olsson, Team Lead – Energy & Industry Transitions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inquiries regarding the recruitment process can be directed to My Persson, Recruitment and Competence Specialist: email@example.com.
Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) is an independent international research institute founded in 1989. Its mission is to support decision-making and induce change towards sustainable development around the world by providing integrative knowledge that bridges science and policy in the field of environment and development. SEI was ranked as the world’s top think tank on environmental policy issues in the 2020 Global Go To Think Tanks Index compiled by the University of Pennsylvania’s Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program.
SEI has around 300 employees working at research centres in seven countries around the world. SEI’s headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Additional SEI research centres are located in Colombia (SEI Latin America), Estonia (SEI Tallinn), Kenya (SEI Africa), Thailand (SEI Asia), the UK (SEI Oxford and SEI York) and US (SEI US).
URL to this pagehttps://web103.reachmee.com/ext/I012/1211/main?site=6&validator=4687e906bb0fd747e99188e22d01bed9&lang=UK&rmpage=job&rmjob=241&rmlang=UK