at the Stockholm Resilience Centre. Closing date: 31 March 2021.
The SwedBio programme is based at the SRC which is an international transdisciplinary research centre within Stockholm University that advances sustainability science for biosphere stewardship.
SwedBio works with international development cooperation focused on resilience-based biodiversity and ecosystem governance and management for poverty alleviation, sustainable development and the enjoyment of human rights for all, leaving no one behind. SwedBio is a knowledge interface, bridging across practice, policy and science, connecting local experiences and realities in developing countries to global policy processes. It facilitates multi-actor dialogues and contributes to policy and methods development at different scales in a global south development context. SwedBio also manages a collaborative programme with strategic contributions, both financial and technical, to partner organisations in developing countries. SwedBio has been funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) since 2002.
As the finance administrator and communications officer for the SwedBio program, you will:
- Compile financial reports, invoices and other financial documents and conduct other related tasks in finance and administration.
- Support the controller with audit issues.
- Manage administrative tasks, such as sending out agendas before meetings, meeting minutes and archiving.
- Manage time reports, travel claims and other reimbursements.
- In collaboration with SRC's archivist, be responsible for procurements and consulting agreements.
- Contribute with support for seminars, dialogues and conferences, both online and physical meetings.
- Responsible for the communication work in collaboration with the SwedBio working group, including updates on SwedBio's website and social media, coordination of reports, newsletters, etc.
- Generally contribute to program activities and to the team as a whole.
- University degree in economics, administration or communication.
- Work experience of the above tasks.
- Experience of communication work, editorial work and handling of social media.
- Fluency in English.
- Good cooperation and social skills, both in teams, and with different actors and in multicultural contexts.
- Good analytical and strategic ability.
- Ability to synthesize knowledge and learning to disseminate knowledge to relevant target groups, such as decision makers and practitioners working in developing countries.
- Experience of working with various donors, preferably from international development cooperation
- Experience of working with Raindance and Primula is a merit.
- Knowledge of other languages such as Spanish and French is a merit.
- Experience and knowledge of working with various digital meeting tools, webinars, etc.
Terms of employment
This is a full time position for two years, with the possibility for extension. Start date immediately upon agreement. Salaries at Stockholm University are determined individually; therefore, please indicate your requested salary.
Stockholm University strives to be a workplace free from discrimination and with equal opportunities for all.
Further information about the position can be obtained from the Controller, Pamela Cordero Fannkvist, email@example.com.
Ingrid Lander (Saco-S), telephone: 0708-16 26 64, firstname.lastname@example.org, Alejandra Pizarro Carrasco (Fackförbundet ST/Lärarförbundet), telephone 08-16 34 89, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org (SEKO).
Apply for the position at Stockholm University's recruitment system. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the job advertisement, and that it is submitted before the deadline.
Only include the cover letter and CV in your application. Bring copies of grades and certificates if you are called to an interview.
The instructions for applicants are available at: How to apply for a position.
You are welcome to apply!
Stockholm University contributes to the development of sustainable democratic society through knowledge, enlightenment and the pursuit of truth.
Closing date: 31/03/2021
URL to this pagehttps://www.su.se/english/about-the-university/work-at-su/available-jobs?rmpage=job&rmjob=14388&rmlang=UK