The University of Gothenburg tackles society’s challenges with diverse knowledge. 53 500 students and 6 500 employees make the university a large and inspiring place to work and study. Strong research and attractive study programmes attract scientists and students from around the world. With new knowledge and new perspectives, the University contributes to a better future.
HDK-Valand works actively with career paths and development for our employees. The employment is aimed at artists who have recently completed an artistic education at an advanced level with a minimum of one year teaching experience in a Higher Education context.
Teaching Fine Art and electives. The teaching is focused on the development of students’ artistic practice and it is anticipated that the Adjunct is capable of supporting students’ understanding of a range of media, exhibition practices and the broader field of contemporary arts practice.
Eligible to be employed as a university lecturer is someone who has demonstrated pedagogical skills, undergone higher education at the lowest advanced level or has equivalent skills or other skills that are important with regard to the employment's subject content and the tasks to be included in the employment.
It is imperative that the Adjunct has an active artistic practice and is based in Gothenburg.
Teachers at HDK-Valand are expected to show interest in artistic development work and artistic research, exercise their own artistry / research practice and monitor developments in their own subject area and developments in general to the extent that it is important for the subject.In addition to the teaching requirement it is necessary that the candidate is capable of undertaking all related administrative work and has a critical understanding of cultural diversity and its relevance for broadening recruitment and participation.
• Experience of teaching fine art at undergraduate and/or advanced level.
• Experience of teaching and supervising students in exhibition production and documentation.
• Experience in programme and organizational development as well as coordination of public events and academic conferences.
• Experience of working with educational administration linked to the role of teacher, knowledge of laws and regulations in the area and experience of working with curricula and curriculum development
Experience in one or more of the following areas is required:
• Work with NGOs and / or state support for refugees and asylum seekers
• Critical pedagogy in contemporary art
• Teaching in intercultural contexts
• Degree from an education at the advanced level in the relevant subject area
• Interest in and experience of working with new arrivals
• Experience of intercultural and cross-border work
The applicant is expected to teach in English and thus good knowledge of English is required, in both speech and writing. The university will make an overall assessment of documented qualifications and employ those who are considered to have the best conditions to carry out and develop the tasks described above.
Empolyment: part time 50 %, HF 3 years
Start date: 1st of July or according to agreement
For further information:
- Regarding the position please contact Sarah Tuck, Head of Fine Art and Craft, email@example.com
- Regarding the appointment procedure, please contact Märta Jakobsson, HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Union representatives at the University of Gothenburg:
Information for International Applicants
Choosing a career in a foreign country is a big step. Thus, to give you a general idea of what we and Gothenburg have to offer in terms of benefits and life in general for you and your family/spouse/partner please visit:
How to apply
In order to apply for a position at the University of Gothenburg, you have to register an account in our online recruitment system. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the job advertisement, and that it is submitted before the deadline. The selection of candidates is made on the basis of the qualifications registered in the application. Any documents that are not available in electronic format should be mailed to: HR HDK-Valand, Box 132, 405 30 Gothenburg Sweden.
The application is to be written in English.
Closing date: 14th of May
The University of Gothenburg promotes equal opportunities, equality and diversity.
Salary is determined on an individual basis.
Applications will be destroyed or returned (upon request) two years after the decision of employment has become final. Applications from the employed and from those who appeal the decision will not be returned.
In connection to this recruitment, we have already decided which recruitment channels we should use. We therefore decline further contact with vendors, recruitment and staffing companies.