The Department of Civil, Environmental and Natural Resources Engineering conducts research and education in the areas of mining and metallurgy, civil and environmental engineering. Our research and education are characterized by a strong experimental and applied profile with several large and well-equipped laboratories. All activities are quality-assured by our dedicated professors and lecturers in an exclusive and successful collaboration with industry and the public sector. 70% of our research is externally funded and we have well-developed international collaboration with universities on all continents. At the moment we are about 400 people and 50 nationalities, including approximately 180 doctoral students and more than 50 professors. Mineral Processing is one of our 19 research subjects.
We are looking for an Associate Professor in Mineral Processing who actively contributes and further develops research and education in mineral processing with emphasis on froth flotation and physical separation. You will join an established research group belonging to the Division of Minerals and Metallurgical Engineering, MiMeR. https://www.ltu.se/research/subjects/Mineralteknik?l=en
Mineral Processing deals with the unit operations and processes for treating particulate solids, primarily metal ores, industrial minerals and solid fuels, but also residues and recyclable waste material as well as products from the processing industry.
The position requires a person with good knowledge in mineral processing, mechanical process technology and physical chemistry. The position will include development of the research field in collaboration with industrial partners, thus leadership and ability to collaborate is very important.
The position mainly includes the responsibilities:
- Development, planning and leading the research within the field of flotation and physical separation
- Securing external funding from national and international funding organizations
- Collaboration with industry as well as national and international research groups
- Administration and teaching in courses at first and second cycle level
- Supervision on second and third cycle level
A person is eligible to be appointed as Associate Professor if they have displayed both scientific/artistic proficiency and pedagogical proficiency. In order to meet the requirements for the position of Associate Professor, the applicant must:
- demonstrate a research profile with clear progression after the thesis work regarding width and depth in the subject field and work which are of a high international standard
- have documented their proficiency in a scientific body of work that corresponds to at least two doctoral dissertations or in an artistic body of work of the corresponding scope,
- demonstrate documented experience of supervision at the third-cycle level, normally including supervisor training, and have been the assistant supervisor for at least one doctoral student for at least two years,
- demonstrate documented pedagogical proficiency and have completed university pedagogy training corresponding to 7.5 ECTS or have in some other way acquired the equivalent knowledge,
- have been active as an independent researcher, normally for at least three years after earning their Degree of Doctor, or have conducted qualified artistic activities of a corresponding scope.
The following assessment criteria are applied to the position (in no particular order):
- Demonstrated scientific proficiency
- Documented qualified pedagogical proficiency
Other assessment criteria:
- Skills in developing and leading activities and personnel
- The ability to collaborate with the surrounding community
- The ability to obtain external research & development funding
- Ability to teach in Swedish and/or English
The appointment as Associate professor is a permanent position. For more information please contact: Professor Jan Rosenkranz, +46-(0)920-49 2183, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Representatives of the unions SACO, TCO, OFR can be reached through LTU’s switch board: +46 - 920-49 10 00.
Luleå University of Technology works actively for equality and diversity which gives good basis for creative study and working environment. University values base on respect, transparency and responsibility.
Please apply for the position by clicking on the application button below and attach your cover letter and CV/resume. Enclose the scholarly work to be used in support of the application. We prefer that applicants follows the Application template available on our website, under ”Open positions”. Note that the applicant´s educational qualifications should be particularly documented.
Application must be written in English. Diplomas must be verified and translated to English or Swedish. Mark your application with the reference number.
Application documents that can´t be uploaded electronically should be submitted in triplicate and sent to Luleå University of Technology, Registrar, SE-971 87 Luleå, Sweden, remember to mark the documents with the reference number.
Deadline for application: 2017-11-30
Reference number: 2888-2017
URL to this pagehttps://www.ltu.se/ltu/Lediga-jobb?l=en&rmpage=job&rmjob=2398&rmlang=UK