LSE Space is looking for experienced Engineers (m/f/d) in order to fulfill the duty of:
Spacecraft Operations Engineers
for our customer, based in Darmstadt-Germany to help deliver a state-of-the-art spacecraft operation.
You will have an opportunity to work with our customer in the area of Spacecraft subsystems operations and be part of our spacecraft operations engineering team working at the customer premises enabling fast paced space operations. You will get excellent opportunities to support LEOP activities besides routine operations.
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- In charge of the operational support activities for the Sentinel-2 Multi-Spectral Instruments
- Perform routine monitoring and analysis to maintain the health of the MSIs throughout the satellites lifecycle
- Support to special and contingency operations of the MSI, incl. maintenance activities and anomaly resolution
- Support to Sentinel-2 routine operations (various subsystems)
- Identify and investigate deviations and potential anomalies of own subsystem(s)
- Develop, validate, test and maintain satellite operations procedures based on manufacturer’s documentation and recommendations
- Perform regular on-call duties for the Sentinel-2 spacecraft (all subsystems)
- Participate in the development and integration of future satellites (own subsystems), incl. AIT follow-up, SVTs , simulation campaigns, LEOP and commissioning phase
- Test and validation of operational items like CSIM, ASW, ODB, SCCF, MOIS
- Participation in and provision of training (spacecraft subsystems, Ops tools, Ops concepts)
- Anomaly Reports handling (writing, action processing, support to review boards)
You will be part of a service team that works in collaboration with the existing Sentinels teams.
Qualifications / Experience
- Masters degree in Aerospace Engineering or any other related area
- Have a minimum experience of three years in on-orbit satellite operations
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of spacecraft system operations (preferably LEO)
- A proficient knowledge of SCOS-2000 and MOIS is desirable
- Be passionate about working in a dynamic work environment
- Have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing in order to express ideas clearly
- Show calm disposition in stressful situations
- Able to handle multiple priorities and manage short deadlines
- Have a problem-solving approach
- Able to work in a team environment with other engineering disciplines
- Have interactive skills necessary for teamwork building
- Show willingness to become proficient in other satellite subsystems
- Negotiation level proficiency in English.
Are you looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then please apply online www.lsespace.com --> online application
URL to this pagehttps://www.sscspace.com/career/vacancies/?rmpage=job&rmjob=611&rmlang=UK