LSE Space is looking for experienced Engineers (m/f/d) in order to fulfill the duty of:
Spacecraft Operations Preparation Engineer
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
For our activities at EUMETSAT, we are currently seeking to employ highly motivated and enthusiastic Spacecraft Operations Preparation Engineer to work in an exciting innovative international environment.
We are looking for Senior and Junior Spacecraft Operations Preparation Engineers with experience in the field of System or Spacecraft Operations either during routine or operations preparation of complex space systems.
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent in experience) in a relevant discipline, the person shall have a well-balanced and distributed experience in the following Mandatory Skills:
• Experience of Spacecraft Operations and or Operation Preparation preferably on Low Earth Orbit (LEO), with responsibility for one or more platform subsystems or instruments during operational validation, LEOP, commissioning or routine operations phases;
• Experience in Satellite Databases. In particular, this shall include experience in the processes involved in developing and validating an operation database from a reference database delivered by the satellite manufacturer, and also experience in the use of scripting and SQL to implement changes and checks as efficiently and reliably as possible.
• Experience with OBSW maintenance activities, in particular memory image maintenance and Configuration Management (CM) processes for both ground images and on-board memory management;
• Experience in definition, development and validation of operations for the development of satellite ground segment facilities such as monitor and control, mission planning, on-board software management, ground stations monitoring.
• Experience as simulation officer, satellite simulator management, coordination of rehearsals and team readiness assessment for launch.
• Experience of SCOS-2000 mission control systems and use of the APEX operations procedures preparation and execution tool;
• Experience in the full cycle of development of application software for satellite simulators, following formal software engineering processes. This includes system requirement analysis, software requirement engineering, software design and implementation reflecting maintenance activities as well as new applications definition.
• Experience in satellite performance monitoring and reporting aspects including anomaly analysis and solving in liaison with satellite industry, procedure change control and configuration management processes;
• Experience in requirements-based design, development and verification process following the ECSS standards and using DOORS.
Furthermore, it would be a distinct advantage for the team to have experience with some of the following:
• Proven experience in the phases of routine and commissioning.
• Specification of space system and operational concepts, facility requirements;
• Familiarity with On-Board Control Procedure concepts;
• Familiarity with the ECSS Packet Utilisation Standard, customisation and usage;
• Familiarity with system change control and configuration management procedures;
• Data analysis software packages and programming/scripting skills in other coding languages such as Python / Java / Perl etc.;
• Use of VBA for development of ad-hoc tools in MS Office applications.
• Familiarity with Model-Based Systems development applied to Space missions
• Strong data analysis, processing and synthesis skills are essential and an ability to recognise opportunities for improvements in areas of work and implement appropriate solutions is highly desirable.
The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. The working language for the position is English and therefore the key person must be able to work effectively in this. Good communication skills would be also an advantage.
Location of work: Darmstadt/Germany.
Start date: ASAP
Benefits: A permanent employment contract. Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package. Career path.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Are you looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment?
Then please apply online www.lsespace.com--> online application
URL to this pagehttps://www.sscspace.com/career/vacancies/?rmpage=job&rmjob=594&rmlang=UK