At SSC, we help our customers gain access to space for the benefit of the earth. Through our nearly 600 employees around the world, we offer specialist expertise in the development, testing, dispatch, and operation of various aviation and space systems.
Stockholm Teleport is just outside Stockholm in Ågesta, which is SSC's center for communication services in telecommunications, satellite, and media. We also provide services to media companies on both fixed and temporary television broadcasts. We offer solutions to IP, mobile, and TV providers.
We are a close-knit team consisting of four System Engineers. Our workplace is characterized by a prestige less environment, close collaboration, and work across our technical areas. We are now looking for you, a technician with a keen interest in space and satellites.
SSC's Satcom department works with services over geostationary satellites. We work with two-way communication solutions, Media (mainly TV reception), and hosting of different antenna systems.
The most important tasks of the systems engineers are to ensure the operation of the systems required to deliver these services. SSC's Satcom department works with services over geostationary satellites. We work with two-way communication solutions, Media (mainly TV reception) and hosting of different antenna systems.
The work includes:
Plan and execute improvements and upgrades as well as maintenance and troubleshooting. The role is flexible, where necessary, support other departments such as on Esrange and internationally.
- A varied and exciting work that includes both daily operations, development of innovative solutions for work of improvement, as well as problem-solving and maintenance
- Opportunities for development when establishing new services, as you are involved in all phases, from initial contact with customer to design, implementation and operation
- You will work close to the customers where you build a relationship, and communication is a big part of our daily work
- A job where you plan and take a great responsibility for your tasks
- Are an outstanding team player who is happy to share your knowledge and ideas
- Are driven, curious, and you like to find out new ways and solutions to technical problems
- Thrive on independently structuring your work
- Thrives best when you mix theory and practice
- Are self-propelled, practical, organized, and structured
Technical competence, post-secondary education, preferably in communication/networking
- Experience of Linux based systems and Cisco equipment
- Basic knowledge of TCP / IP
- Basic knowledge of networking, more than basic is merit
- Basic RF knowledge
This position includes standby time according to a rolling 4-v schedule. We work with international customers and suppliers, and it is, therefore, a requirement that you master English well both in speech and writing. This position requires security classification, so this means that Swedish citizenship is a requirement.
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACESSC is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.
URL to this pagehttps://www.sscspace.com/career/vacancies/?rmpage=job&rmjob=578&rmlang=UK