At SSC, we help our customers gain access to space for the benefit of the earth. Through our nearly 600 employees around the world, we offer specialist expertise in the development, testing, dispatch and operation of various aviation and space systems.
Ågesta just outside Stockholm is Stockholm Teleport, which is SSC's center for communication services in telecommunications, satellite and media. We also provide services to media companies on both fixed and temporary television broadcasts and offer solutions to IP, mobile and TV providers.
System Engineer with interest to satellite communication
We are a close-knit team consisting of a technology group of four people. Our workplace is characterized by without prestige, close collaboration and work across our technical areas. We are now looking for you as a college engineer with a keen interest in space and satellites.
SSC's Satcom department works with services over geostationary satellites. We work with two-way communication solutions, Media (mainly TV reception) and hosting of different antenna systems.
The most important tasks of the systems engineers are to ensure the operation of the systems required to deliver these services. The work includes: to plan and execute improvements and upgrades as well as maintenance and troubleshooting. The role is flexible, where necessary, support other departments such as on Esrange and internationally.
• a varied and exciting work that includes both daily operations, development of innovative solutions for improvement work, as well as problem solving and maintenance
• good development opportunities when establishing new services, as you are involved and driven in all phases, from initial customer contact to design, implementation and operation
• you will work close to customer where relationship building and communication is a big part of our daily work
• a job where you plan and take great responsibility for your tasks
• are an outstanding team player who is happy to share your knowledge and ideas
• are driven and curious and likes to find new ways and solutions to technical problems
• thrive on independently structuring your work
• thrives best when you mix theory and practice
• are self-propelled, practical, accurate and structured
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, preferably in satellite / space / network
• Basic knowledge of TCP / IP
• Basic knowledge of networking, more than basic is merit
• Experience of Linux-based systems
This position includes preparedness according to a rolling 4-v schedule with 1h setting time. There are a few trips per year (for training and maintenance out of the customer) as well as occasional night jobs (maintenance).
We also work with international customers and suppliers and it is therefore a requirement that you master English well both in speech and writing. The service requires security classification, so this means that Swedish citizenship is a requirement.
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACESSC is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northen Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.
URL to this pagehttps://www.sscspace.com/career/vacancies/?rmpage=job&rmjob=578&rmlang=UK